We knew life would change when we became parents. We were so excited for the change and becoming a family of 3!!
Here are a few ways that our life has changed the last 2 weeks we have had Jacob with us:
-our hearts melt with every giggle and smile from our sweet son!
-I spend at least 23 ½ hours with my son attached to me, he loves being in the Moby wrap or snuggling
-he likes to be held by mommy and daddy, when others hold him he keeps his eye on me
-I don’t know how to eat a meal with 2 hands anymore, I will be glad to have a high chair at home!
-we haven’t gotten a good nights sleep, Jacob wakes up 4-20 times a night
-when Brad reached to hold my hand, he got the pacifier in my hand instead
-a baby now sleeps between us- Jacob wakes up crying every 10 mins (I’m not exaggerating) when he is in a crib or bed by himself. We have tried 4 different types of beds, he doesn’t want anything to do with any of them, so he is sleeping with us
-we are getting faster at making bottles, he cries louder and louder the longer he has to wait
We know this is normal for most parents, but its all new to us! We are exhausted and LOVING it!!! Jacob is the light of our lives and we are enjoying every minute with him!!! We are so thankful god chose us to be his parents!!!
LOVE this post!!! We are praying for you as you continue bonding in ET with your little!!!! :) So my FAVORITE "change" is the reaching for my and and finding a pacifier! LOVE it! :) God provides, doesn't He?!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter did the exact same thing for quite awhile with the waking up a ton during the night. She didn't need much...just a pacifier and a back pat, but I think she needed to make sure we were still there!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every second of this time!
When I was a young Mom a neighbor with children already raised told me to take "mental pictures" of those late night moments and child-parent connected times. This is so important because what is thought to be 'everyday child-parent moments' really are rapidly changing experiences. I can now close my eyes and create the image of each of my 4 children in various days of baby or childhood.
ReplyDelete1 Corinthians 15:51: "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed."
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and celebrate your first Mother's Day well!!!