My last post I talked about how I just finished the book Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. I talked about some of my favorite and challenging parts of the book. Katie has 13 daughters in Uganda, so naturally part of the book was about her adopting these girls. She writes:
"Adoption is wonderful and beautiful and the greatest blessing I have ever experienced. Adoption is also difficult and painful. Adoption is a beautiful picture of redemption. It is the Gospel in my living room. And sometimes, it's just hard. ...Adoption is a redemptive response to tragedy that happens in this broken world. And every single day, it is worth it, because adoption is God's heart."
"My family, adopting these children, it is not optional. It is not my good deed for the day; it is not what I am doing to 'help out these poor kid.' I adopt because God commands me to care for the orphans and the widows in their distress. I adopt because Jesus says that to whom much has been given, much will be demanded (Luke 12:48) and because whoever finds his life will lose it but whoever loses his life for His sake will find it (Matthew 10:39)."
People often tell us our kids are lucky or we are so great for adopting. I often find myself without anything to say. Sometimes its just awkward. Sometimes I say "we are the lucky ones" because its true. We are so thankful and lucky to have Jacob in our lives and we can't wait to have Kaleb and Isaiah home and a part of our family too. We don't think we are doing this great thing. We are following God's plan for our lives. We are so lucky that God choose us to walk this path with Him and so thankful that we said yes to building our family through adoption.
AWESOME!
ReplyDelete