I got to go on my first girls weekend!! My friend Megan and I hopped on a plane on Thursday morning and arrived in DC early afternoon. My good friend from Galesburg, Katie, picked us up at the airport and she took us around to see some DC sights. Friday morning we did a little more sight seeing and then we met up with some other Ethiopia adoptive mommas!!! Such a blessing to be able to see some of these ladies again and to meet some for the first time! We had a great weekend of fellowship and teaching from Jen Hatmaker. Susan Wanderer's church hosted Jen and allowed all the ET mommas to attend too! Such a blessing!! We had a dinner with all the ET mommas at Susan's coworkers house. After Jen spoke at church we all went back and had a huge sleepover. Katie (Susan's coworker) had 7 beds set up in her basement, such a treat- we were spoiled all weekend!! Katie has the gift of hostessing for sure! Saturday was filled with more teaching from Jen. We were all challenged to BE Jesus to everyone at all times. All of the ladies that I spent the weekend with are doing BIG things and are such wonderful Christ-loving women and mothers. I left inspired!. I am so, so thankful for the friends we have made through the adoption process. All of our children have similar stories and they all spent time together in Ethiopia.
started the trip off with a Starbucks, we might have been almost the last ones to board the plane-but we had our coffee :)
flying into DC
Katie picked us up at the airport, so good to see her!!
the White House Christmas Tree
Thomas the train was even under the White House Christmas Tree
All 50 states had a tree, this is Illinois' tree
took some pictures to show my students (I hate pictures by myself)
so grateful to spend some time with Katie, I sure miss her in Galesburg
on the Metra, we were such tourists :) My bright green coat also have it away- everyone local had on black coats
touring the capital building
the library of congress
all the ET momma's at dinner Friday night
Audrey, Stacey, Tonya, Jennifer, Susan, Michelle
Monica, me, Megan, Jen
holding pictures of all our kids! 17 Ethiopian kids in these pictures!!!
Love these ladies!!
I finally got to meet Habi's mom-Tiffany!! Such a blessing to hug her!
Georgetown Cupcakes
view of the Pentagon from the airplane
Such a fun, fun weekend!!!
started the trip off with a Starbucks, we might have been almost the last ones to board the plane-but we had our coffee :)
flying into DC
Katie picked us up at the airport, so good to see her!!
the White House Christmas Tree
Thomas the train was even under the White House Christmas Tree
All 50 states had a tree, this is Illinois' tree
took some pictures to show my students (I hate pictures by myself)
on the Metra, we were such tourists :) My bright green coat also have it away- everyone local had on black coats
touring the capital building
the library of congress
all the ET momma's at dinner Friday night
Audrey, Stacey, Tonya, Jennifer, Susan, Michelle
Monica, me, Megan, Jen
holding pictures of all our kids! 17 Ethiopian kids in these pictures!!!
Love these ladies!!
I finally got to meet Habi's mom-Tiffany!! Such a blessing to hug her!
Georgetown Cupcakes
view of the Pentagon from the airplane
Such a fun, fun weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment