Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day

A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy & the depth of that privilege are not lost on me. -Jody Landers

As we spent Mother's Day as a family with our 3 sons, there are two special women in Ethiopia that weren't far from my mind. It's a bittersweet joy as I celebrate with my boys but I also think of all the loss for two women on the other side of the world. I got to wake up to 3 precious boys giving hugs and kisses and calling me mama, a joy that I am ever grateful for. I often pray that their birth families know how loved the boys are and that they feel peace in their hearts that the boys bring so much JOY to so many people. 
We spent the day out at the camper (FREEZING and windy) and I didn't even got my camera out. The boys got to play outside and we spent time together, that's all a mom can ask for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment