"Worry implies that we don't quite trust God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives" Francis Chan-Crazy Love
Yep, that's exactly what I needed to hear this week. I have been at peace with about everything since beginning this adoption journey over 2 years ago. I really didn't worry about much at all during the whole process of bringing Jacob home. We were both ready to say yes to adopting again before we even left Ethiopia. But this week Satan has been working on me. Ugh. We still don't have our I-171h that we need to pass court.We found out on Monday that we still haven't even been assigned an officer. I wouldn't think too much about this but our friends were fingerprinted the same day and they have had their I-171h for over 2 weeks now. On Monday the only thing they wanted to talk about was how we were able to get a court date without the I-171h approval. They seemed mad that things were going out of order. I keep telling myself that God knew this was going to happen, but I have still been worrying about it. I have been so worried that I have been in tears telling a few people about it. This isn't normal for me. Satan has led me down a road this week of constant worry. We are planning on staying in Ethiopia until the boys are cleared to come home. We both think this is very important for our boys for a number of reasons. But we won't be passing court until we get the I-171h, and it makes the timeline of how long we could be in Ethiopia very uncertain. I of course have been questioning if we are really supposed to stay in Ethiopia, if its God's desire, or ours?? Then as I was driving home last night three songs in a row reminded me that this is what we are supposed to be doing. The songs said "where you go, I'll go" and "I will follow You" and "be courageous". Yep, those little reminders calmed my heart and I know that we are supposed to go to Ethiopia and stay as long as we can with all of our sons. The unknown is scary, but God is bigger than all of that. I have begun changing my prayers to prayers of thanksgiving, because HE will work this out. Adoption IS God's plan!!
I have emailed several people about praying for our paperwork and our hearts, and we have totally felt the prayers and I feel better. Now if only the people in charge of issuing paperwork would feel the need to get moving on our case! :)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
I asked for people to pray for the Immigration staff today ~ God has to hear all these friends and family praying for you, Brad, Isaiah, Kaleb and Jacob!!!!! We sometimes can't see the path through the forest for the trees, but God knows the way. Glad you are at peace!!! Love you much :)
ReplyDeleteGod knows all the details and He will work it all out. He knows your timetable and He will make a way where there is no way. Keep in mind how fast you got this second referral. With love and prayers.
ReplyDelete