Tuesday, March 22, 2011

From the Mouths of First Graders

I teach Reading Recovery to first graders, along with some small group Reading groups as well. My excitement about Jacob and going to Ethiopia, has bubbled over into them. I love it!! Here are some things I heard some 1st graders last week:
"I can't wait until you go and get Jacob!"

"Springbreak is coming up. Ohhhhhhh! Mrs. Mowen gets to go get Jacob on Springbreak!"

As they he was picking a book from my shelf, he said "Do you think Jacob can read this?"

Hahahaha! I love that Jacob has already become a part of our daily conversations around here!!! All three first grade classes drew my pictures or wrote us a letter about going to meet Jacob. Here are a few of my favorites! (again sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures)

I don't think I will be wearing this fancy dress when I meet Jacob, but it's still cute!!
I love this one. This kid drew Jacob waiting in a building for us! I even have my purple purse!!

I love how the students drew Jacob with brown skin and me and Brad with tan skin. This was unprompted, and I thought very observant from a 6 year old!

Most the letters were about like this: bring pictures of animals and the baby! haha


Again animals and baby in the pictures!!

I really hope that we are back by the end of the school year. The students can't wait to meet Jacob and I can't wait to introduce him to all of them too!!

1 comment:

  1. You will treasure these pictures forever. I have some saved from students the year before I left and the year I came back. Kids are so perceptive and honest in their feelings. Perhaps this is why God tells us to have faith like a child! Praying for you and rest up on that plane ride! :)

    ReplyDelete